|Job Title||Certified EMT|
Promptly responds to requests for medical transportation, both emergency and non-emergency, and provides appropriate medical evaluation and care to the limit of his/her certification and training. Professionally interacts with other medical personnel and performs tasks to expedite the transport of the patient where appropriate. Provides accurate written and verbal reports and participates in promoting the business and supports the business philosophy at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of an ambulance: excellent driving skills in an emergency and non-emergency mode transporting patients. Render patient care utilizing the Standard of Care approved by the Medical Director and the Board of EMS in respective state.
- Providing support for Paramedics rendering advanced life support type treatment
- Setting up equipment and assisting in ALS procedures (i.e. heart monitor, IV’s, medications).
- Checking the unit at the beginning of shift, re-stocking the unit with supplies as needed, cleaning the ambulance and equipment after each run, cleaning and re-stocking the ambulance after shift, and inspecting equipment to ensure proper function.
- Completes PCR with full narrative documenting the nature of the dispatch, patient’s condition on scene, all care and treatments provided, including supplies to ensure maximum insurance reimbursement.
- Ensures that all necessary forms (PCS, Signature Form, ABN) are completed accurately and timely.
- Participate in housekeeping duties on a consistent basis.
- May also be required to perform duties as a Medical Transport Driver (Wheel Chair Van) when assigned by management.
- Accepts additional duties and assignments as needed to meet the needs of the customer and the company.
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- lift and/or move up to 300 pounds or more with assistance from partner(s)
- grip up to 50 pounds
- push/pull stretchers weighing up to 125 pounds
- repetitively squat
- crawl into confined spaces
- climb stairs carrying 50 pounds of equipment
- reach with hands and arms
- talk, see, hear
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
**The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must be at least 20 years of age to operate company vehicles
- Current certification as an EMT Basic in state of employment (National Registry and dual certification encouraged)
- Valid driver’s license in state of employment
- CPR certification
- Clean criminal background check and driving record