|Job Title||EMT Trainee Program (PAID Training)|
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Trainee is responsible for attending class daily and participating in all facets of the course curriculum in order to become a state certified EMT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in classroom and practical portions of the EMT class
- Attend hospital clinicals and participate in ambulance ride time per course curriculum
- Obtain dual certifications in Kentucky and Indiana at course’s end
- Contribute to the upkeep of the office, building and fleet
- Additional duties and assignments as needed to meet the needs of the customer and the company
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- lift and/or move up to 250 pounds or more with assistance from partner(s)
- grip up to 50 pounds
- push/pull stretchers weighing up to 125 pounds
- repetitively squat
- crawl into confined spaces
- climb stairs carrying 50 pounds of equipment
- reach with hands and arms
- talk, see, hear
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
**The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; must be 20 years of age or older to operate company vehicles
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license in state of employment
- Clean criminal background check and driving record